Here at Kicks to the Pitch we will not be flooding our site with news and press releases about every drop, every brand does each day. But each week will take a look a back at seven of the dopest things to have happened in the world sneakers, contemporary fashion and football(soccer). So here's some teasers, some heat and a maybe a rumor that we peeped this week.
2. On 8/1 Adidas unveiled the new adizero f50 Messi boot.
3. Denis Dekovic, the Nike designer behind the Mercurial Superfly, took to his personal Instagram account to tease the upcoming Lunar Gato. From what we can see we say these are an instant cop.
4. Marco Materazzi, who rocks the Instagram handle iomatrix23, posted a picture of himself rocking a Nike F.C.cap barefoot in a grocery store in the Aloha State. If you look at the tags in the caption Materazzi shouts out the team at in4mation. Is Materazzi just a fan of the Hawaiian purveyors of street and skate wear or is there a collab in the works?
5. Eric Koston took time to do an installment of Essentials for Hypebeast. The pro skater showing mad love for the USMNT.
6. In honor of the 20th anniversary of the Adidas Predator boot, Adidas released the Superstar 80s Predator shoe. Head here to buy a pair.
7. As Monaco may have lost James Rodriguez but they did get pretty nice away kit from nike. They unveiled it against Aresenal on Saturday and the old addage proved true: look good, feel good; feel good, play good. They beat the Gunners 1-0 in the Emirates Cup.
Like our staff picks? Hate them? Let us know in the comments section below.