Here is another CD Giveaway contest… NSB and Scion team up to offer a chance to get some tunes to hear before the weekend bar missions. All you have to do is simply reply to this post about why you hate NSB and leave your email address 10-20 winners will be selected and emailed. Expect to receive in 4-8 weeks.
More info below…
Scion A/V Presents: CD Sampler v. 19 – Daptone Records Remixed
Scion has partnered with indie funk and soul label Daptone Records to launch Scion CD Sampler Vol. 19 – Daptone Records Remixed, a double CD-set compilation including nine exclusive remixes of various artists, along with the nine original recordings.
In keeping with the spirit of supporting independent music initiatives that underpin the Scion A/V label, all proceeds from this release will go directly back to the artists on the Daptone Records label. Scion has enlisted the help of today’s hottest DJs and remixers to produce the unique sounds on Scion CD 19 including Mark Ronson, Kenny Dope, Mad Professor, Afrodisiac Soundsystem, Ticklah, Hank Shocklee, DJ Spinna and Bull Jun (remix features vocal by Large Professor). Listeners can expect to hear exclusive remixes of original Daptone artists such as The Budos Band, Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings, The Daktaris and The Sugarman Three & Co.
Scion CD 19 remixes are available for download through major digital retailers such as iTunes and Rhapsody. Promotional CDs will also be available at Scion-sponsored events.
Cool Calm Pete
Bull Jun (remix features vocal by Large Professor)
The Budos Band
Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings
The Sugarman Three & Co.
CD 1 Daptone Remixes
1. The Budos Band – Chicago Falcon (The Washington Sq. Lads Remix) feat. Wale*
2. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Keep On Looking (Kenny Dope Remix)
3. The Daktaris – Eltsuhg Ibal Lasiti (Mad Professor Remix)
4. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Stranded In Your Love (Cool Calm Pete – Sweet Nothing Mix)
5. The Sugarman Three & Co. – Take It As It Come (Featuring Charles Bradley) (Afrodisiac Soundsystem Remix)
6. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – How Long Do I Have To Wait For You? (Ticklah Remix)
7. The Budos Band – T.I.B.W.F. (Hank Shocklee Remix)
8. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – My Man Is A Mean Man (DJ Spinna Remix)
9. The Sugarman Three & Co. – Bosco’s Blues (Bull Jun Remix) feat. Large Professor
* Remixed by Mark Ronson for Allido Sound
CD 2 Daptone Originals
1. The Budos Band – Chicago Falcon (taken from “The Budos Band II”, DAP-011)
2. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Keep On Looking (taken from “100 Days, 100 Nights”, DAP-012)
3. The Daktaris – Eltsuhg Ibal Lasiti (taken from “Soul Explosion”, DAP-009)
4. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – Stranded In Your Love (taken from “Naturally”, DAP-004)
5. The Sugarman Three & Co. – Take It As It Come (Featuring Charles Bradley) (taken from “Pure Cane Sugar”, DAP-002)
6. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – How Long Do I Have To Wait For You? (taken from “Naturally”, DAP-004)
7. The Budos Band – T.I.B.W.F. (taken from “The Budos Band”, DAP-005)
8. Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings – My Man Is A Mean Man (taken from “Naturally”, DAP-004)
9. The Sugarman Three & Co. – Bosco’s Blues (taken from “Pure Cane Sugar”, DAP-002)
About Scion Audio/Visual
Scion Audio/Visual (SA/V) was founded to give true artists a voice in a noisy world. Scion has consistently championed independent thinking and alternative culture. With its Audio/Visual in-house record label, Scion continues to promote that culture with a series of CD mixtapes and 12″ vinyl releases which focus on getting exposure for these talented musicians and DJs. With global vision and diversity through expression, SA/V champions individuality with no genre boundaries.
About Daptone Records
DAPTONE RECORDS is a completely independent, musician-run label specializing in sincere Soul Music. Though their catalog runs the gamut from Funk and Soul to Gospel and Afro-Beat, every record sits squarely in the continuum of the Rhythm & Blues tradition. The majority of their recordings are hand-crafted in their self-built and operated, analog tape recording studio on the first floor of the House of Soul, their Brooklyn, New York headquarters. Like Stax Records before them, the core of Daptone is a close family of friends and musicians that have been working side by side for many years. Lee Fields, The Budos Band, the Sugarman Three, Naomi Shelton and the Gospel Queens, Charles Bradley, Menahan Street Band, The Honeydripper, Binky Griptite, Bob & Gene, the Daktaris, the Voices of Como, Antibalas, the Mighty Imperials, and Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings are all part of this Daptone family, whose music can be enjoyed on LP or CD, as well as on seven inch vinyl.